Wildcard interview questions
1. Explain your project.
2.Tell about your roles and responsiblities.
3.What type of tickets you handle and SLA durations.
4.Recently handled incidents.
5.Difference between function and procedure.
6.Difference between view and materialized view.
7. Joins and types.
8.Explain difference between outer and inner join.
9.Can we join two tables without mentioning the word join?
10.How can we find total number of rows in a table?
11.How to find 2nd max value without using subquery?
12.Difference between row_num and row_id?
13.Difference between rank and dense_rank?
14.why we use having clause when using aggregate functions?
15.How will you fix performance issue of a query.what all analysis will you do?
16.when will you SQL loader in your project and how?
17.List out the Unix commands you know?
18.Explain about Is, grep and awk.
19.How to rename a file.
1.Introduce about yourself?
2.How query will get executed?
3.Select first name from employees where rownum<5. what will be the output?
4.Explain analytical function?
5.Write query to get top 3rd salary?
6.What is bulk collect?
7.Write a procedure for bulkcollect using associative array without exception and explain what will happen?
8.What is append hint?
9.Explain the procedure in DBMS-profiler?What are the procedures found inside dbms-profiler? list out?
10.Write a trigger which should not fire on friday between 6pm to 7pm?
11.Different between Rownum and rowid
12.Difference between cursor and refcursor?
13.Difference between see and grep?
14.Difference between touch and cat?
15.What is mean by no hub?
16.List aggregate function?
19. If I give input as 15july 2017, I need output as the last date of previous month
eg: 30 June 2017? Try using trunc
21. List Unix commands?
22. Example for ask command?
1.Tell me brief about yourself.
2.SLA & Dock Book explain
3. Table having a primary key column the same column we possible to add other constraints.
4.Differnce between decode & case.
5.Write down the index syntax. What is softpass?
6.How to create metrilized view refresh automatically?
7.Bulk bind sample program
8.Array table explained with syntax.
9.pipeline function purpose.
10.Write explain plan syntax.
11.What is DBMS utility?
12.Last development your current project?
1.What is the roles and responsibilities?
2.Tell me day to day activities?
3.In which environment you will debug the defect code?
4.What is view?Adavantage of using it?
5.Create view as v_name as select max(salary) from emp; can you edit this view? i.e; the output can you update.
6.From where will you get the defect code? what do you meant by instead of keyword in trigger?
7.Tell about the trigger applications you used on project?
8.what is cursor?Types of cursor? Difference between types.
9.Tell about explicit cursor attributes.
10.How will you check cursor is open?
How will you get the updated rows number?
12.Tell about packages? Advantages of package?
will p3 & p4 work?
will this package be created?
what is p3?
will it be accessed from outside the package?
14.What is Exception? Tell me about system defined exception?
15.Declare var_frs emp.first_name% type
Select first_name into var_frs from emp where 1=2;
when no_data then
Q:which exception will be handles?
If we replace the select statement with update which exception handled?
16.How will get the error message you declared?
17.Raise application error?
18.what is complex queries?
19.Tell me about materialized view.
20.Where GTT used in your project?
21.What is complex views?
22.Different between complex views & materialized views?
23.Subquery and its type?
24.Correalated sq Working.
25.Analytical function..Difference between rank and dense rank.
26.Stored procedure to print a year leap or not.
27.what is instr function? give example.
28.Tell difference between replace & translate
29.Write a query to find 2nd max salary? what type of SQ it is?
30.Tell about bind SQL.
31.write a query to remove the dup values.
32.What is index?
33.why it is used?
34.Disadvantages of index.
35.How btree index will search?
36.Say for ex
For column having data from 1 to 100. Btree index created.
Deleted index created.
How about the data in column.whether it will rearrange? What happen to node value?
37.Tell about explain plan what are all you look into it?
38.What is sequence?
39.can we decrement the value in sequence?
40.Cycle keyword in sequence.
41.What about a cache?
42.How seq is sharable object?
43.What is invokers right?
1.Current project & Roles & Responsibilities.
2.Recently handled issues with coding?
3.Difference between view & materialized view.
4.Trigger & Types?
5.Truncate and delete?
6.Decode and case?
7.Global variable & local variable declarations?
8.GOODMORNING-want to take position of 'O' in 3rd occurrence?
9. Queries to delete duplicate records? Student wise rank & subject wise rank from students table, which contains 3 columns like students, subjects, marks?
10. A table contains metreid, unit from, unit to, rate, amount, final to get electricity reports. here write procedure to insert values & amount, final should calculate dynamically with some discounts?
11. Bulk insert program?
12.Technique to improve performance, & indexes?
13.How will you identify tables using by column name?
14.How do you find what are tables are using by the current package?
16.Reasons for job change 7 last working day?
17. CCTC, ECTC.
18.Do you have any offer?
1.Tell about yourself.
2.what are concept you have using performance tuning?
3.Write explain plan Syntax.
4.Types of join and index in performance tuning?
5.Different between table space & schema space?
6.Types of hints.
7.Different between view & meterilized view?
8.Select Trunc(sysdate) from dual?
9.Table have primary key which index created.
10.In table having default index?
11.How you can define low cardinality and high cardinality?
12.Table having 300 columns how you can find out the cardinality?
1.Tell me your day to day activity?
2.Write down your project table name & so & package name your developed?
3.what is pragmaint?
4.Write down sp in giving scenario?
5.Write down cursor with bulk bind in given scenario?
6.For each row purpose in trigger?
WIRECARD 9/9/17 production support
1.Tell about yourself.
2.Roles and Responsibilities in your project.
3.What is procedure and where did you use it in your project?
5.Cursor vs refcursor.
6.can we open many ref cursor based on condition if yes write a program. if no reason.
7.Stored procedure vs functions.
8.Packages, scenarios based questions.
9.Triggers and scenario based questions.
11.need to insert 10 lakhs record using bulk collecct. I got an error in say 96000 th line how to solve it.
12.What method you have used in your project SDLC or Agile. Draw a flow diagram for it.
13.SDLC vs AGILE.
16.Is-Itra what does t, r, a denotes?
IBM Interview questions
1.Tell about yourself.
2.What is index?
3.What is view?
4.Which index is faster?
5.Difference between primary and unique key?
6.what is procedures?
7.What is trigger?
8.Query for triggers?
1.Tell about your project.
2.What is constraints?
3.Query for foreign key
4.Query for foreign key for already existing table.
5.what is view?
6.Dml operation can done in view
7.View will occupies more space
8.What is mv and where it will save.
9.view and mv which scenario you will use.
10.What is index and where it will save?
11.We can update the index.
CTS Interview questions
1.Difference between logical and physical module.
2.what is view?
3.What are types of views?
4.What is mv?
5.What is normalisation?
7.what is constraints?
8.Types of constraints?
9.What is skip index?
10.What is explain plan?
1.Mutating table error
3.How many function we can use in compound trigger
4.Function based index
6.SQL loader and syntax
8.Table partitioning and 4 types
9.How can we select particular partition
12.Diff b/w fast and complete refresh
1.Tell about yourself
2.What is IR
3.Difference between IR and CR
5.What are the INDEX?
6.Why you used index?
7.What is cursor?
8.Need for cursor?
9.What is exceptions?
11.what us the difference between table level and low level triggers ?
12.What is functions?write it
13.set operators and its types
14.Why you used bulk collect?
15.What are the roles and responsibilities in your project ?
17.SLA time in your project?
1.Tell about project
2.Tell your work flow
3.Who generates reports
4.Tell about family.
5.Notice period official.How much?
6.Why looking job change.
Aspire system questions
1.Tell about yourself.
2.What is views?
3.What is materialized view?
4.Where you use Materialized view in real time?
5.What is Analytical function?
6.What is different between rank and dense rank?
7.Types of index?
8.Constraints in oracle?
9.What are the data types?
10.What is the different between char and varchar?
11.What is decode and case?
12.What is plsql collection?
13.What is exception?
14.What is cursor?
15.What is packages?
16.Types of synonym?
Tell me about yourself and what role you played in your project?
In development process after finishing all test case..who will review your code and..who will you report to?
Who will do deployment unit testing to system testing?
When will you use exceptions?
What are different types of exception?
Can you give me a real time example for exceptions?
What are cursor types?
What are all cursor
Explain mutating error?
Where is trigger? Tell me what are all the Advantages of using triggers?
What are different types of triggers?
Have you worked on pl-sql collections?
What are all collections types?
What are all collections methods?
Where did u use v array in your project?
How frequently will u use v array ?
What are the advantages of using variable array?
Can u tell me what are all the difference between v array and plsql table?
What is constraints and its types?
Why do we use views?
What are types of views?
What is materialized views?
Give me a real time example
Where will you use views and where will you use views in your project?
Can you tell me the example between views and m views?
What is analytical functions?
Types of analytical functions?
Tell me the differences between rank and dense rank?
What is index?
What are types of index?
What is performance tuning?what steps will you follow in performance tuning?
Give any 1 real time example for performance tuning and how did you solve it?
BAHWAN CYBERTEK PVT LIMITED
1.Why we are using views?
2.Index real time example?
3.Why we are using plsql? Why can't we use alone SQL?
4.difference between union and union all?
5.why should we use check constraint? Why can't we use we use not null for tat?
6.Explain detail about triggers?
7.can we create function inside a procedure?
8.select sum(salary) from table_name ; can we store this query inside a procedure?
9.Final year project
10.wat is the difference between procedure and function other than return and nt return a value ?
11.how we will see how many constraints have created in a table?
12.what is the use of GTT?
13.Wat is TCL?and write an example for savepoint?
14.difference between instr and substr?
15.Difference between insert and merge?
16.Merge with example
17.define bulk collect ,how can we use it?
18.difference between plsql table and v array?
19.synonym and its advantage with real-time example?
1. Tell about yourself.
2.Roles and Responsibilities
3.correlated and subquery with examples.
4.cursor and types and write program for cursor.
5.Exception and types.
6.Write program for non-predefined exceptions.
7.collections and types.
8.Write a program for plsql table.
9.Write a program for v array.
10.Write a program using case and for loop.
11.Trigger and types and where used in your project.
12.Write query for multiple row subquery
13.If you have many records in table emp 1 and another table emp 2 having no records. How you will load data from emp1 and emp2.
14.Sql loader and syntax.
15.Write a program for bulk collect
16. index and types.
17.Materialized view where used in your project.
18.Different between clustered index and non clustered index.
19.Different between cursor and select statement.
20. How to call file in sql plus
21.Define candidate key
22.Use of pragma automous transaction
23.How exactly the data will fetch when below query run select * from employees.
24.A existing table has both primarykey and index how make use the index through primary key column.
25.Purpose of cursor.
26.Which type of index used in your project?
27.Differnt between nvl and nv2.
28.What is substr and write one example.
29.What is instr and example.
30.Differnt between replace and translate.
31.Display the count of duplicate record in table.
32.Different between rank and dense rank.
33.Use of bind variable.
34.use of external table.
35.How to overcome the mutating error
Inautix interview questions
1.Tell about yourself.
2.What are the topics you know in sql?
3.Types of joins and write an example for each and explain it.
4.What is subquery and example for subquery?
5.Write an example for co-related subquery?
6.what is analytical function?
7.What is group function?
8.What is difference between in and exist?
9.Write an example for rank, dense rank, row num and explain it.
10.How to display the 100th row to 200th row by using rownum?
11.What is bulk collect?
12.Write an example for bulk collect?
13.plsql collection types?
14.what is varray?
15.what is plsql table?
16.What are the commands you know in unix?
17.What is grep command?
18.What is awk command?
19.Did you write any script in unix?
1. Tell about your project
2. Roles and responsibilities
3. What is incident management
4. What is problem management
5. What is change management
6. What is service request
7. What is SLA
8. What are all the commands u know in Unix?
9. What is grep command?
10. How to find out background process and how to romove that particular process?
11. How to move foreground process into background?
12. You have receive two tickets from user like reset password and request for access some pages, for which issue u give first priority and why?
13. What is the command for remove directory with subdirectory?
14. Explain permission management?
15. List the permission and permission number
16. What is default permission for file and directory?
17. How to assign individual permission for the file?
18. Command for create a directory?
19. Explain - chron tab?
20. Ticketing tool and version?/li>
Iopen Technologies questions
1. Advantages of using plsql
2. Provide the structure of plsql block from the start to end
3.provide some places in plsql where schemas can be used
4. Can we write procedure in a function
5. Can we call a procedure by another procedure
6. Can u give the syntax of how u will call another procedure
7. Types of join
8. What is inner, equi and left outer join
9. How will you delete a duplicate without using joins and aggregate function
10. What is rownumber over partitions
11. Diff bw 10 g and 11g
12. What is the latest oracle version is used
13. What is max datatype
14. Diff bw procedure and functions
15. What is cursor
16. What is rolback and commit
17. I have a table I am going to insert values 1 2 after inserting the 2nd value going to give commit and rollback
So how many rows will be present in the table
18. Diff bw delete and truncate
19. In which support you are working with
20. Could u provide few issues that u have faced in support?
1.Tell about urself
2. roles and responsiblities
3. know about production support
4. You know about data migration
5. how to interact with customer
6. production support teams rules
7. what is latest version of oracle DB used
8. sla concepts
9. what is anonymous block and procedure
10. where u used trigger and syntax of trigger
11. what are joins are there .
12. what is cross join
13. what is itil process
14. what is project concepts
Round 2: project Manager
1. tell about urself
2. tel about project concepts
3. how to genrate forms having particular duration
4. what is ur application
5. Are ready work with production support
6. tell about education details
Round 3 -client round
1. tell about urself
2. how to connect database
3. you worked with data migration
4. what is ur roles
5. what are the joins used in performance tunning
6. how to lock a user, ulock user, change password
7. Are you interact with customer
OLAM Telephonic interview
1. tell about urself
2. how much % working with Dev & support
3. ready to work with production support
4. what is ur role
5. what is ur team size
6. concepts of production support
7. what is ur project concepts
8. rate itself unix
9. what ticket tracking tool u r used
10. how to solve ticke
11. last faced ticket
Ramco F2F interview
2.Where have you used cursors in your project?
3.What are the tools you were using in your project?
4.What is the name of the application you were supporting for?
5.Have you faced any complications while interacting with the customers?
6.Whats are views?
7.Can you again use the mv even after dropping a base table?
8.What is force view?
9.Write procedure you have recently written?
10.What is normalization and its types?
11.What is bulk collect and bulk bind?
12.What is join and its types? What join type have you used frequently in your project?
13.Create a table which should display the mobile brand, location, price
14.Will you be able to learn new techniques and work on it?
15.What is the process that front end users communicate to back end users?
16. What is your shift timings?
17. Have you always attended calls and raised tickets individually or interactively?
18. How come you structure your table?
19. What is the reason for your job change?
20. Do you have any questions to ask us?
TCS interview questions
1. Tell me about yourself
2. What is your primary skill
3. What is your secondary skill
4. What is procedure
5. What is functions
6. What is triggers
7. What is cursor
8. Cursor attributes
9. What is exception and types
10. Eg for predefined exception
11. Diff bw anonymous block and subprogram
12. What is package
13. What is overloading in procedure
14. Diff bw standalone and subprogram
15. What is db_link and what is default read or write
16. What is set operators
17. Diff bw union and union all
18. What is analytical functions
19. What is view
20. What is mat views
21. Diff bw views and mat views
22. What is sequence
22. What is the purpose of using mat views
23. Diff bw incident management and problem management
24. What is sla and what sla u r following
25. Are you comfortable with shifts
26. Are you comfortable with work location
27. Are you willing to join immediately?
Tech mahindra interview questions
1.tell abt urself
2.write a procedure wit examples
3.what is subquery and its types and example
4.Diff between views and materialized views
5.Diff between delete and truncate
6.Diff between procedure and functions
7.write a query to delete duplicate rows
8.one table contain trigger and constraint which one il fire first?
9.which order il fire trigger
10.explain decode and case
11.what is dynamic sql
12.wat type of hints u used in ur project?
1. Print 10 to 50 lines in a file
2. How to terminate a foreground process
3.To view a file pagewise
4. Diff btw chmod & chown
5. How to zip and unzip a file
6. How to remove an empty directory
6. How to create read only file
7. Diff btw rsync & scp
8. How to find running process
9. Free space in disk
10. Remove the 7 th line
11. Grep options
12. Diff BTW sh & ./
13. To print empty lines
14. Replace / with , only one time
15. To check previous execution status.
17. Display 3,4 th character of each line.
18. Display 3rd field in each line
Fidelity Telephonic IQ
4.Are you working in Change Request?
5.Rate urself in UNIX?
6.Search a word in all files in a current directory
7.How to replace a word mumbai to chennai in a file?
8.How to schedule a job? (crontab)
9.How to edit a crontab?
10.Find command and syntax
11.How to print 5 to 10 lines ?
13.How to print 5th column ?
14.Search a word and display only filenames which containing that matching word
15.How to use delimiters in awk?
16.How to find out CPU activity?
17.What is $2 in shell script?
18.SAR command in shell script?
19.How to debug in UNIX?
20.Rate urself in Oracle
21.Primary key vs Unique key?
22.Case vs Decode?
23.Joins and types?
24.Which joins used in your projects?
26.What is SLA?
27.Roles and Responsibility in your project
28.Tell about your application?
29.How long you working in this application(Project)?
31.Triggers and Types?
32.Wt about ur client?
33.What type of shifts having in your office? Wt abt ur shift?
34.Reason for job change?
35.DML and DDL
36.Having vs Where?
37.Truncate and Why Truncate is DDL?
Virtusa telephonic interview questions
Just tell me abt where are u from, family and hobbies
Rate u r self in sql and plsql
1. What is correlated subqueries
2. What is the output for count(*) and count (1)
3. What is sequence
4. What is synonym
5. Can u create a synonym for sequence
6. What is inline view
7. What is view and when u use it
8. What is materialized view and y we are using this
9. What is partioning and types
10. What is joins and types
11. What is cross join
12. What is analytical functions
13. Can u create a join for a single table
14. What is utl_file
15. What is diff bw rank and dense rank
16. What is query rewrite
17. What is cursor and types
18. What is implicit cursor
19. Cursor attributes
20. Diff bw cursor and ref cursor
21. Diff bw procedure and packages
22. Diff bw procedure and functions
23. What is record
24. Can we call a procedure inside a package and vice versa
25. Give some date functions
26. What is exceptions and types
27. What is diff bw user defined and predefined and non predefined exceptions
28. What is collections
29. Diff bw associative array and nested table
30. Diff bw cursors and collections
31. What is bulk bind and bulk collect
32. Why u r using bulk collect to transfer datas from one table to another table, why cant u just simply use 'select into clause'
33. What is sql loader and what is discard, dat and bad files
34. Diff bw direct path and convectional path loader
35. What is index and types
36. What is btree index
37. What is gtt
38. Diff bw gtt and normal table
39. How will u see the error line, msg and name when exception happened
40. I have a table I am going to insert 1000 records and I just using insert and update statment, I have a error while inserting 901 record, will it stores upto 900 record and wanna know why I cant insert the 901 record, what is u r answer
41. Can u create index for a view
42. Why are u using views will the datas directly stores in a view
43. Advantages of packages
44. What is ref cursor and where u will use it
45. What are the attributes for implicit cursor alone.
46. What editor u r using
47. How will u replace a word in vi editor
48. I have two folders a and b I want to copy a file from a to b how will do it